A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
Types of cookies :
- First party cookies are set by the website that you are visiting.
- Third party cookies are set by a party other than the owner of the website you are visiting (i.e. a third party). Typically, third party cookies will be set by the organisations providing analytics services to the website owner (e.g. Google Analytics) or advertising network providers.
- Session cookies are stored only during a browsing session and are removed from your device when the browser is closed.
- Persistent cookies remain on your device even when the browser is closed. Persistent cookies enable a website to remember you on subsequent visits, speeding up or enhancing your experience of services or functions offered (e.g. by remembering preferences).
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it (if any) more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below:
- ccSID – Unique Session Cookie Browser is closed. This is a site specific session cookie which allows us to obtain site visit statistics and enables the shopping cart function to operate
- ccUser – Unique Session Cookie 48 hours. This is a site specific session cookie which allows us to obtain site visit statistics and enables the shopping cart function to operate
- ccRemember – Remember (logged in) 48 hours. This cookie is used to indicate if you have asked us to remember you.
- Various cookies used in the WordPress blog on this site. These are used to verify who you are. There are cookies for logged in users and for commenters. 2 weeks from the time they are set. For more details, please click here
- bt – This is a behavior targeting cookie
- ana_svc – This is a real-time service cookie
- phpbb3_* and style_cookie – These cookies are set by the support forum software
- __utm* – Google analytics tracking
- uid/uit- Uniquely assigned user ID and login time tracking
- ssc/psc/uvc – These cookies are used in recording user sharing and social activity
- di/dt – Date tracking cookies for determining expiration of other cookies